Thursday, June 10, 2010

Machu Picchu Success

Just wanted to write a quick update letting you know that all 4 of us completed the Machu Picchu Marathon today. I will write up more later, but it was certainly one of the toughest things I have ever done.

Liam (6hr, 18 min - 2nd lace overall)
Kim (7hr, 21 min - 2nd female, 5th overall)
Greg (8hr, 31 min - 11th overall)
Kyle (8hr, 40 min - 12th overall)

A total of 21 runners did the course - not sure how everything turned out as some runners are still coming in. My buddies all beat me. But thats OK, they are superstars. All I know - I just completed the hardest marathon in South America. Its a beautiful day!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I knew you'd be strong!!
    Can't wait to hear all about it. I read the profile and course info online. Crazy hard stuff.
    Celebrate and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done my friend! Can't wait to hear more about it. Hope you took some time to take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a job well done! Looking forward to reading more about your trip!

    Julie Bauer

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW--you all are impressive! Congratulations to all of you--great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is impressive. You can run up and down mountains for over 8 hours...I can't even stay asleep that long!

    ReplyDelete