Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day #93 - Raleigh, NC to Toronto, Canada

Tuesday, June 15th



When I came back to the states for my 2 week sick leave earlier in April, I decided at that time to head back to Europe pretty quickly after my Peru Trip. I slept in this morning and recovered my sleep lost from the overnight flight on Monday.



I spent the afternoon doing laundry, packing, mailing some items, picking up some toiletries, booking hotels in Toronto and London, and catching up on some emails. I didn't come close to doing everything I needed, but it was a start.



Greg came home from work at 4:30pm and took me to the airport. I had a 6:50pm flight to Toronto. I would stay in Toronto tonight and then get a 9am flight to London, England on Wednesday. This stop seems unusual (and it is), but the price was much cheaper than my other options. It's OK however. I'm in Toronto now - I'm able to get a solid night's sleep. Then I fly to England on Wednesday. With the 6 hour time change, I arrive about 9pm in London. I have a hotel booked by Heathrow. I'll get out of the airport and be able to get rest again.



I know that I need to be good to my body right now. Rest will happen for me. I plan to stay in London a few days. If I don't do much the first day or so - I'm good with it.



I'm watching Game #6 of the NBA finals right now. Looks like it's going to 7. The World Cup, NBA finals, and the US Open at Pebble Beach this weekend -- I should have some things to keep me busy while resting and getting the edge back.



Good night from Canada. How do Canadians spell Canada? C - Eh - N - Eh - D - Eh! I can say this - I lived in Minnesoooota for 7 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment