Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day #96 - London, England

Friday, June 18th

Today was a rest day for me - on the touring front. I needed to get my finances in order, along with getting some upcoming trips/plans confirmed and booked.

I'm about 1/3 of the way into my journey, so I thought I would give a state of the union address. Just a quick outline to see where I am current-date.

Days on Trip ---- 97

Continents ------- 4
(North America, South America, Europe, Asia)

Countries --- ---- 12
(Ireland, United Kingdom, France, Monaco, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Switzerland, Italy, United States, Peru, Canada)

Nights stayed in each country
(France=19, Ireland=18, Spain=14, USA=14, Peru=10, UK=6, Switzerland=5, Turkey=5, Portugal=4, Italy=1, Canada=1)

Number of Different Places Stayed ----- 41 different cities, 48 total locations (some cities stayed in different hotels)
1) France (Paris=7, Annecy=3, Nice=3, Caen=2, LaRochelle=1, Bordeaux=1, Lourdes=1, Biarritz=1)
2) Ireland (Dublin=8, Galway=3, Cork=2, Killarney=2, Limerick=1, Castlebar=1, Ballycroy=1)
3) Spain (Madrid=4, Barcelona=4, San Sebastian=1, Salamanca=1, Leon=1, Santiago de Compostela=1, Seville=1, Granada=1
4) USA (Bloomsdale=8, St. Louis=3, Raleigh=3)
5) Peru (Cusco=5, Machu Picchu=2, Yucay=1, Lima=1, Camping-Uramba=1)
6) UK (London=4, Belfast=2)
7) Switzerland (Interlaken=3, Geneva=2)
8) Turkey (Istanbul=5)
9) Portugal (Lisbon=2, Faro=1, Porto=1)
10) Italy (Torino=1)
11) Canada (Toronto=1)

** I've been to alot more cities - these are just the places I stayed overnight.

Average Pictures Taken Per Day --- 37 (I have about 3,500 posted on my website, I didn't post all of them). I should have between 10,000-15,000 pictures by end of trip.

Average Cost of Hotel Per Day ---- $62.00

Average Daily Expenses (including hotel) ---- Too much right now. If anybody wants this number at the end of the trip, I'll give it to you. I'm just not comfortable posting this for the world to see at the present moment.


I basically spend money in 1 of 3 ways: credit card, ATM card, USBank direct pay. My USBank has been refined now to basically paying my health insurance only. Therefore, I keep spreadsheets of my ATM and credit card statements -- this tells me what I've spent year to date. I do this mostly to make sure everything seems right. My card has been used in so many locations -- it's bound to have identity theft at some point. I'm just trying to keep on top of the game.


Sorry for the detour today. I just needed to get my arms around things - I feel better for it.


Here's to the US beating Algieria in their last World Cup game --I can't even describe how passionate the Brits are for soccer. I watched both the US and England games while working on Friday. I'll be in a bar for next week's games - no question.

No comments:

Post a Comment