Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day #81 - Raleigh/Durham, NC

Thursday, June 3rd



Today I spent the day resting at my buddies house. I went to the Urgent Care facility about 9am. They drew blood, took samples, etc. I ended up with a new antibiotic prescription and was told to rest and get fluids in me.



It's about 7pm right now and I'm doing a million times better. I haven't taken any Motrin since 10:30am - and I don't have a headache or fever. That is huge. I've been able to keep some food down as well.



Baby strides here. I know right now my state is not preferred going into this Peru trip. Maybe I shouldn't go. I feel strong about my ability to read my body and what I can handle. The marathon on the Inca Trail is not until next Thursday, June 10th. The first 3 days we are just going to be staying in a small city getting acclimated to the elevation. I can rest these days. I do not need to do the tours. When it comes time for Thursday, I'll need to make that call.



The run/hike is well supported and there are areas you can come off the trail. I've also purchased trip insurance to assist with any flight changes, etc.



Have you ever seen the movie - "A Few Good Men". First of all, if you haven't - you should rent it. Remember the seen where Demi Moore pulls Tom Cruise aside before they go into the last big court seen with Jack Nicholson. She said - "When you're in there today, if things aren't going as planned, if you don't think you can get him, don't go for it, you could get into alot of trouble" I'll be thinking of this quote before I make the call on the run/hike. I have to go with my instincts - if I think I can get him (conquer the marathon) - I'll do it.

I had a great spaghetti dinner, finished packing, and called it a night about 10:30pm.

Tomorrow we'll be leaving for the airport at 10:30am. We'll be flying from Raleigh to Miami, Miami to Lima, Lima to Cusco. We're doing this as part of a tour group. We've been told that internet will be accessible; but I'm not positive if I'll be able to keep up the blog the next week. I will if possible. You can also go the www.andesadventures.com/run2asum.htm, this site lists the itinerary that we will be following through Monday, June 14th.

Keep the faith - we'll be in touch

No comments:

Post a Comment