Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day #78 - Paris, France

Monday, May 31st



Happy Memorial Day! Hopefully you spent the day at a pool, with a little barbecue, some friends/family - sounds good.



My Memorial Day wasn't all that much fun. I got off the train in Paris and felt like garbage. Aches, chills, fever, whole body hurting -- what's up with me? How much of a wimp can one person possibly be? Saving grace, I have felt like this before, just not in a long time.



The train ride wasn't too bad all considering. The couple on the top bunks went to sleep right away and didn't make any noise. They even had a dog with them - I didn't know this until the morning. On arrival, I thought maybe I was just motion sick or something because of the ride. Nope. I got off the train and wasn't moving very swiftly at all. The train terminal doesn't have Wi-Fi, so I had to walk the streets.



The area around the station didn't have much in line with cafes, etc - so I took the metro to a more familiar area. Very good thing I felt comfortable here because I was not thinking clearly. I didn't open a map - even though I had one in my big bag - it would have taken too much energy. I got off the metro and found a McDonalds. I booked a hotel somewhere north of the Siene. No way was I going to map read to find the exact destination. I just needed to get close with the metro and take a cab. Again, very thankful I was comfortable with Paris. I knew right where to go and where to get the cab. An 8 euro ride later, I was at my hotel. I slept from noon-4pm, 6-10pm, and then 1am-6am. The times I wasn't sleeping, I was drinking any liquid I could get my hands on.



I don't know if this is the 24-hr flu or what - but I was feeling somewhat better upon rising on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment