Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day #92 - Lima, Peru to Raleigh, NC

Monday, June 14th



We boarded our international flight and departed at 12:20am. The flight was smooth. I wrote up some blog entries for the first 2 hours then slept the next 3-1/2 hours. 5 hours, 25 minutes later - we arrived in Miami.



We had a couple hours until our flight to Raleigh, leaving around 10am. All was going well so far. Only small glitch in the return travel occurred when we boarded the plane for Raleigh. We had to sit there on the tarmac for over an hour. No air on the plane. I stripped down to nothing. Still sweating. We were cutting weight while waiting for the take-off. I normally don't get clautrophobic - but the air was thick, hard to breath. The flight was full and people were getting anxious. Finally, we took off and the air was turned on. Whew - made it.



Once into Raleigh, Liam went to get a rental as his car was in the shop. We made it back to Greg's place around 2:30pm. I grabbed a 3 hour nap and then we all went out to dinner at 7pm. We exchanged photos between the group and all agreed it was a great trip - filled with solid memories.



I said good-byes to Liam and Kim - I'll see them again in 4 months in Athens, Greece. I tell them I really appreciate the fact that they push me to be better. When Liam brought up this trip to us, I really didn't think it was possible. "Not a chance", I said.



Here's to those people that help us open our minds to things we would otherwise never consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment