Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day #94 - Toronto, Canada to London, England

Wednesday, June 16th

A quick overnight in Toronto and I was back at the airport by 6:45am for my 8:50am flight to London Heathrow.



The flight was around 7 hours in length. It was a great flight. I finished my book - "Digital Fortress" by Dan Brown during the first 3 hours. An awesome read. Next, I watched the movie - "The Hangover". My buddies kept referencing this movie on the trip to Machu Picchu and I was out of the loop. Liam and Kim even brought over the movie to watch on Monday night but we just didn't have enough time. This movie was great. I hurt from laughing. People around me probably thought I had some issues. If you haven't watched it - do it. Keep an open mind --it's funny.

I arrived in London around 9:30pm local time. I grabbed a taxi to my hotel. Only 3 miles away - but still 17 pounds (highway robbery). I'm in my hotel now finishing up the blogs and officially getting up to date. I'm only paying 32 pounds/night at this place. It doesn't have a bathroom in the room itself - but it's OK otherwise. I'm told the train is 1/2 mile away. I plan to sleep in tomorrow and then get my sites on one of the 3 most visited cities in all of Europe.

I'm not even sure what country I'm in right now. The last few days have been a blur. It's gone something like this: Cusco, Pero ---- Lima, Peru ----- Miami, USA -----Raleigh, USA ----- Toronto, Cananda ------- London, UK.

The guy in customs gave me the business tonight at Heathrow. Question after question. I guess I wouldn't believe me either if I were asking the questions. A single, 25-50 year old male, travelling alone, no confirmed plans other than 1 night in a hotel, no printed out itinerary, no job, and very little luggage. He said: "How do you plan to get by". My answer - "Day by day"

Good-night from London. I might grab a nice cup of tea tomorrow morning for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment