Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day #167 - Norway - Fjords

The skies were angry early Saturday

Atop the mountain I climbed

More Friday boat-ride pics - I can't help it


Friday boat-ride - blinded by the light


Perfect


Saturday, August 28th


I'm writing this blog from the bottom bunk of a 8 bed hostal room at Anker Hostal in Oslo, Norway. Cost of room - $32/night. That's like a quarter in the US. This place is a BEAUTY. They do have Wi-Fi however.


It's like a covert operation - if I go down - you know where to start looking. The bunk above me is supported by these centimeter think wooden planks. Half of them are broken. Luckily, it's a girl above - so if the bed crashes down - I think I'll make it - it might even be interesting.


I just got in. It's 11:00pm. I've been on a train for the past 7 hours from Bergen. I leave tomorrow morning for Helsinki at 7:30am. I just needed a place to lay my head for a couple hours. Only 2 other bunks are full besides mine right now, but all kinds of gear is thrown on the other bunks. I expect in the next couple hours to have 5 drunken fools walk through the door. All the lights in the room are on - not sure why. I'm fully clothed with all my money in my pockets. All my bags are packed. I could be out of here in 30 seconds. I have my headlamp on - I'm completely mobile. Am I being a little dramatic - Probably - but it's fun that way.


Alright to Saturday. I spent the day in Lavik - along the waters of the Sognefjord. I slept in and then went for a long hike. It was awesome. I went up into the mountains and could overlook the fjord. The scenery was spectacular. I got back to the hotel about mid-day. I took a liitle nap and read. Early evening - I grabbed some food at the local grocery store and walked around the small town.


Saturday was a great, peaceful day. If can hardly get more relaxing than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment