Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day #156 - Stockholm to Oslo, Norway

7am food offering at the Stockholm Central Train Station

Shrimp, sandwiches, pastry, and juices -- better offering than in Spain

Tuesday, August 17th


I left my hotel this morning around 7:30am. I first took the Stockholm metro to the main train station. I boarded a train bound for Oslo, Norway at 8:30am. We were informed before our departure that we would need to take a bus the final 3 hours of the journey - there was some kind of problem with the rails leading into Oslo.


Everything worked out - but we arrived probably an hour later than expected (4pm). I had booked a hotel last night so I just needed to get a local train to the airport and find the place. I checked into my room around 5pm. Long travel day. I decided to stay in for the night and figure out some plans to start strong early tomorrow.


Norway is known for the many fjords on the western coastline, Oslo and Bergen, the Vikings, the Nobel Peace Prize, the Northern Lights, the North pole, the Winter Olympics. I also found that everyone's tax records are released to the public - earnings are published for the world to see.


All interesting stuff - tomorrow I'll start to take a closer look.
I'm posting a couple pictures of the food offering at the Stockholm central train station this morning. I know a few people have asked me more about the types of food in each country. I'm going to try and add more information in this area. Lately, I've been eating primarily from grocery stores - I'll grab a sandwich, fruit, whatever.

1 comment:

  1. really enjoying your visit to these countries-never seen pictures like you're showing! Thanks and continue to enjoy. bob and annie

    ReplyDelete