Sunday, July 12, 2020

Day #122 - AT Hike

Sunday, July 12th - Day #122 - AT Hike

Miles Hiked Today - 10.6
Total Miles Hiked on AT - 1714.6/2,193 (78.19%)

Killington Motel (1704) to Stony Brook (1714.6) - stay at Killington Motel

Total ascent - 2,542’
Total descent - 3,076’

Total States Completed - 11/14

**Rain - rained most of the morning - clearing in the afternoon

——-

A solid day in Killington today. 10.6 miles in the rain - but with light packs. The hike went well - finishing up around 2pm. Steamboat came through big with a shuttle this morning and this afternoon.  With the pickup spots being fairly remote with no cell signal - it’s nice to have something setup in advance. We actually took about an hour longer than expected - but we were able to text Steamboat on the top of the last peak to push back the pickup time.

After the hike - I did my resupply at the deli next to the hotel. I grabbed some chicken for lunch and a sub sandwich for dinner. Because we’re in Vermont - I had to grab a pint of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream for dessert - solid!

The remainder of the day has been filled with a bunch of rest and recovery. My feet have been getting beat up recently while walking in the rain. My toes have been rubbed raw. I’m trying to patch them up the best I can for now.  I just took an Epsom Salt bath.  I’ve been wrapping them in duct tape during the day. “Whatever it takes”

Tomorrow starts the last push to Hanover. I’ll be in New Hampshire on Thursday (this week).   I have a lot of anxiety about the White Mountains. It’s about time to face my fears. Remember how I’ve said before:  “Everyday we have to do something that scares us - that’s what helps us grow”. Well - I can honestly say I’ve done this the past 122 days - I’m just getting ready to bump it up a notch.

Here’s to facing down those fears. Here’s to being a better person.  Here’s to making dreams come true!

Goodnight from the land of Ben & Jerry!

Flowing streams throughout the course today

Maine Junction - where the LT and AT split

Waterfall in Killington 

Bridge at Stony Brook

More water falls

Maine Junction

Lake in Killington 

Boardwalk leaving Killington 

No comments:

Post a Comment