Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day #216 - Vienna, Austria

State Opera House

Busy streets of Vienna

Cold day in Vienna


Unique scenery everywhere



Museum Quarter

Saturday, October 16th


Well, not a great day today. Too much going on back on the homefront. I probably needed a day like this as catch-up on some things.


I got up early to do my long run. About 5 miles into it - I just stopped. Wasn't mentally into the game. I walked until I completed a 10K (6.2 miles) and then hit the showers.


I spent some of the afternoon walking the city of Vienna. But, most time was spent on my computer at a coffee shop.


I hit the gym again this evening to sweat a little more with the use of my daypass.


Tomorrow I begin an 11 day journey that will take me through 9 different countries on my way to Athens. We'll see how things progress. Day by day.


I should be coming to you live from Budapest, Hungary tomorrow.


Good night. (posting some more pics of Vienna)

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of Vienna... flew into/out of Vienna in 1994 when I visited Europe. Beautiful architecture, indeed. Sorry you had a down day. Hopefully a good night sleep will help!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle, I was walking around the same streets you were yesterday in Vienna. What beautiful architecture they have here! Too bad we didnt bump into eachother, would have been fun to see you again! I wish the sun would have peeked through those clouds, but none the less, it was a fun day! Hope you have safe travels today and enjoy the breathtaking views on your journey!

    Take care....Katie

    ReplyDelete