Friday, March 26, 2010

Day #12 - The Cliffs of Moher









Friday, March 26th

Today, I took a 2-hour bus ride to one of the best sites in all of Ireland - the Cliffs of Moher. I asked my buddy from Ireland what he would suggest as his 3 must-see things when travelling the country. He listed: 1) The Cliffs of Moher, 2) Aran Island and Connemara 3) Giant's Causeway.

I must concur with my buddies inclusion of the Cliffs of Moher. It's the Grand Canyon of Ireland. Awe-inspiring, breath-taking. I'm not sure the pictures will pull the same weight as standing there looking out over the Atlantic. There's many areas of the world you can see the ocean, very few you get to overlook such dramatic scenery.

There is really not much more I can say about this. It's just an incredible site - something that makes you appreciate things just a little more.

Fired up for the weekend -- I'm currently in Limerick and will be meeting up with Ray and Brenden (my buddies brothers) tonight for a trip to where they grew up. They gave me a phone and programmed both their numbers so I'm all set. I asked them if I could help out on their sheep farm. I said: "Give me any job, even the ones you hate to do, I'd gladly help out" They both laughed and said they could make this happen. So, on Saturday morning I'm supposed to climb some mountain near their place which overlooks the ocean and then help out on the farm for a couple days. I'll be coming back with them and dropped off in Galway, Ireland on Sunday night.

I'm really geeked about this journey. Not too many times you get to be apart of the true Irish culture. Planning to take it all in. I probably won't blog again until Sunday night (Ireland time) but I'm assured to have many great stories. We'll talk soon.

3 comments:

  1. They are just amazing, aren't they?? I'm glad you made it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey bro,

    I have been enjoying the pics and the blog. Wish I was there with you! Hope to make it to Athens and beat you in the Marathon there! :) Keep living your dream, we are all enjoying living our dreams through you! Most of us will never get to see and do what you are experiencing. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to see it through your eyes and words! You're awesome!
    Kurt

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lookin' good Kyle. Awesome pictures.

    ReplyDelete