Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day #195 - Munich to Berlin, Germany

Saturday, September 25th

Long travel day for me today. I headed out of Schrobenhausen around 8:30am and arrived in Berlin around 4:00pm after a couple train connections. No marathon for me tomorrow. I actually didn't even make it over to the expo. It was set to close at 6pm - I probably couldn't have gotten there in time. No worries - it was sold out and I need some rest.

I'm staying out by the Bradenburg Airport. The hotel is really nice. It's a new, 4-star place and I'm only paying about $60/night. It's a 30 minute train ride from the city center - but well worth it. Staying outside the main city centers has saved me tons of money on my journey.

I decided to just stay in tonight and go strong tomorrow. The city looks like it's set up very nicely for tourists. I picked up a couple pamphlets. I'm thinking about doing a city walking tour in the afternoon after watching some of the marathon in the morning.

Here's to a solid Sunday in the German capital.

No comments:

Post a Comment