Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day #170 - Helsinki, Finland

Tuesday, August 31st



Today was more less a recovery day. I've been travelling pretty hard lately. I needed to not be moving for a little while.



I left the boat around 10am in the main harbor in downtown Helsinki. I walked about a mile to the central train station and got a 45 minute bus out to my hotel (Again using out of city hotels to save some money).



My hotel is nice. It's by the airport and near one of the big malls in town. I arrived and checked in around noon. I took an afternoon nap. I later went for a walk around the area and spent some time at the mall.



First impressions of Finland: everyone speaks great English, very friendly, they use Euro as money (which is a bit odd because all the other Nordic countries use some form of Krone), the downtown is filled with waterways (typical), and the transportation system is great and relatively inexpensive.



I'll learn more tomorrow -- I just needed a day to do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment