Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day #192 - Oberammergau to Schrobenhausen, Germany

Schrobenhausen, Germany

Small-town Germany

Outdoor cafes - Schrobenhausen, Germany

Wednesday, September 22


Today was a transition day for me. I took the 9:38am train out of Oberammergau back into Munich. I then took another series of trains to my overnight destination of Schrobenhausen - arriving at 4pm.


I was not efficient in my travel today at all. I kept missing the connections due to small delays. I'm staying in the town of Schrobenhausen because of the lack of hotels in/near Munich due to Oktoberfest. The place is only 30-40 miles north of Munich, but the connections are slow.


Schrobenhasuen is another awesome little town. It has cobblestone streets, outdoor cafes/bars, the smell of wood-buring stoves - it really has an autumn feel. I just got back from a bar where I had a great dinner.


My goal for the next couple days is to see Munich and then maybe take a day-trip. Come the weekend - I intend to head north toward Berlin.


I'm really enjoying Germany. It feels comfortable and is filled with English speaking people. The small town atmosphere is reminiscent of my home town.


Here's to a great day in Munich tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. It sure looks like you're accomplishing all your goals in your travels. can't imagine drinking 4 liters of beer! Good job! Uncle Bobby

    ReplyDelete