Monday, March 7, 2022

Day #17 - Everest BaseCamp

 Day #17 - Everest BaseCamp 


Monday, March 7, 2022


Itinerary- Lukla to Kathmandu 


It’s 8am on Tuesday, March 8th - I’m finally caught up with the blog after this post!!!   The wi-fi at the Moonlight Hotel here in Kathmandu is amazing.  I’m hoping to have similar luck as my travels take me to India later today.  


Recapping yesterday - We had an early start to the morning.  4:30am wake-up call, followed by a 5:30am breakfast.  We then took the 15 minute walk over to the Lukla airport.  Folks were a little tired after our celebration last night.


I caught the first of our 2 planes to Kathmandu.  The runway ends at the edge of a mountain - so when we were ramping up speed - we all just hoped for the best.  The flight went smooth - no issues.  It’s a short flight to Kathmandu - maybe 45 minutes.  Once we hit ground in Kathmandu - I finally felt like my Everest BaseCamp Trek had concluded.    


Upon arriving into the terminal, we then took a shuttle back to the Moonlight Hotel - the same place we stayed at a couple weeks ago. First on the agenda for me was to bring my laundry down to the front desk to be sent out - I’ll need some clean clothes for the India portion of my trip.  Next - a hot shower and shave.  I feel like a new man!!


Greg, Liam, and Korby went out to the shops in Kathmandu for the afternoon.  I stayed inside and worked on my plans for my upcoming trip to India.  I had some messages about my Visa I needed to address. I then completed my health document for India as well.  I had the front desk print out copies of everything I’ll need for my trip. 


About 5pm - the fellas returned. We went downstairs and took a Covid test so we could board our flights tomorrow.  We then had drinks - which led to dinner - and more drinks.  (There wasn’t tons of picture-taking — just enjoying the moment).  It was awesome to meet all 20 people on our trip.  We shared stories and wished each other the best.  Everybody is leaving at different times tomorrow.  We (Greg, Korby, Liam, and I) actually have a flight after 4pm - so we have the morning to get our gear organized. 


Well - that’s a recap for now.   I’ll be writing the blog for today aboard my flight from Kathmandu to Doha, Qatar.  



That’s our plane


Last photos of Lukla


My views from our small plane


Hotel Moonlight - garden area


Views from plane 

 
Our plane


On the plane - tight quarters


Pre-dinner drinks


Tight quarters


At the Lukla airport


Leaving Lukla



No comments:

Post a Comment