Monday, December 20, 2010

Final Thoughts - Make it Count

This year has been really, really incredible for me. I was able to fulfill a dream that I didn't think would ever become reality. I learned a ton along the way. I am so very thankful to all those who helped me and shared in my experiences. There's been some good times, some bad times, and some scary times. These have all added to the overall significance.

In addition to the obvious - setting out to see new places and explore the history of Europe - I went on this trip to "get back to the basics". Way too often, I'm guilty of being laser-focused and not appreciating the little things in life. This trip has brought many of these things to new light. It might be as simple as an evening sunset or a conversation with a friend - it's all relevant.

I'm very happy that I kept this blog account throughout my journey. I was a little unsure at first - hanging myself out there. But, it's been excellent. It's been a way to express myself that I would otherwise not have had. I'm still uncertain where my future path will take me. One thing I know - I want to give back in some way. I'm truly lucky. I've been very fortunate throughout my life. Positive things have been the result of great people who've inspired me each day.

So, to wrap up my blog - I wanted to hit on a phrase that I never used once throughout my entire trip. Maybe it was inspired by Leonardo DiCaprio in "Titanic" or perhaps it had roots in Tom Hanks final words in the movie "Saving Private Ryan". Or - maybe it's just what I believe. I'm not sure.

No matter where you live, what career you've chosen, or what talents you possess --- everyday, extend your personal limits to a place that makes you feel a little uncomfortable. That's how we grow. Be thankful for what you have and use those abilities in the best way possible. Quite simply: "MAKE IT COUNT".

Thanks for sharing in this journey with me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making the time to share it with us my friend. You've done things many of us only dream about. For the last 10 months we've at least gotten to read about them too.

    ReplyDelete