Friday, December 3, 2010

Day #264 - Rome, Italy

Spanish Steps

Area by Spanish Steps

Last pic at Trevi Fountain


Gelato - all good



Orange trees lined the streets

Friday, November 3rd


Today Kay and I did some early morning walking around Rome. She had a little shopping to finish before her return to the states (plus, we needed to eat another gelato by the Trevi Fountain)
We ended up passing through some sections of the city we had yet to visit. I'm really glad we found these areas. These included a couple great streets near the Spanish Steps. We worked our way to the northern part of the city, passed through a park, and then went south to the Republicca. The area just north of the Republicca is high rent. Excellent area - orange trees lined some of the streets (maybe not a place for dining or lodging due to the cost however)


Kay grabbed all her gear and we headed over to the train station to catch her 1:22pm train to the Rome Airport. She'll be going Rome to London, London to Chicago, Chicago to Minneapolis. There's currently a big snow storm going across Europe. Gatwick Airport in London has been closed the past 2 days. Luckily, she's flying through Heathrow. Hopefully all goes well and it's a smooth return.


We really had a great time. As with any brothers and sisters - there were some ups and downs - but overall, it was excellent. I hope she feels the same. I'm truly lucky to have had so many visits from family and friends along my journey this year. I'm not sure if I could have made it without these pick-me-ups along the way. Thank You.


After saying farewell to Kay, I worked out some details for the next couple days. It was nearing 3 pm when I grabbed some food. I've spent the remaining portion of the day inside.


Tomorrow - I start the home stretch. Crazy. Feeling strange right now. I return to the states on December 23rd out of London. I want to be in Paris by the 19th and in London by the 21st. I have 16 days between today and the 19th. During that time, I plan to visit a few more areas in Italy and then work my way up into Germany and then over into France. Along this path, my goals are: 1) Christmas shop 2) Complete my picture/music video 3) Wrap up my blog and picture site 4) Finish Stieg Larsson's Trilogy 5) Get my finances lined out, and 6) Maybe find a job and a place to live.


Here's to bringing it home strong!!!!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you guys had a good time. As the years go by,one comes to realize these are the special times. Have a safe end to your trip. We will be waiting with Christmas bells on for your return! KB1

    ReplyDelete
  2. No,it can'tbe almost over--we've enjoyed 'traveling' with you so much!! Sounds like you and Kay had a great time and packed in a ton of stuff! Enjoy the remainder of your time. Safe travels. Bob and Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe you are nearing the end!!! Make sure you visit at least one Christmas Market in Germany!

    ReplyDelete