Monday, November 22, 2010

Day #252 - Bar, Montenegro to Milan, Italy

Awesome early morning clouds in Bar, Montenegro

Waiting at the bus stop in Bar, Montenegro

The 'road' to the airport - I walked straight down the middle of it


Last look at Bar, Montenegro

Sunday, November 21st


I got an early start out of Bar. I took a bus to the airport around 10am. The airport is very near the capital city of Montenegro - Podgorica. I was informed that I would need to take a taxi where the bus left me off - because it was a little ways from the airport. About 45 minutes into the journey, the guy stops at this T in the road (really nothing ealse around) He says: "There - airport". I'm like: "What - I don't see any airport". He says: "Just walk down that road - about 3-4 minutes".


OK - I sense this guy is legitimate. There is a small hill that I can't see over - I'm assuming the airport could be out of site. Also, I'm not expecting JFK Airport here - so I go with it. 20 minutes later - I get there. (3-4 minutes -- if you were in a jet going supersonic speeds - maybe). It was raining. I stopped and put on my rain gear at one point. I was just walking down the middle of the road with my bag in tow. Just a nice Sunday stroll.


I connected through Vienna, Austria on my way to Milan. My flight was at 3pm - I arrived into Milan around 7pm. I had to take a 1 hour shuttle bus to the city center. (I did not realize the international airport in Milan is so far from the city). It was pouring rain - so I took a taxi to my hotel -- arriving sometime before 9pm.


I was writing some last night - but apparently I was being pretty loud on my Skype calls - as people were coming out of their rooms brow-beating me. I decided to cut my losses and get some sleep.


Here's to some good times ahead in Italy. Did I save the best for last -- we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment