Monday, November 8, 2010

Day #239 - Athens, Greece

Looking up at the Acropolis

Zappio - National Garden

Theatre of Herodes Atticus -- at the Acropolis


Picture taken at top of Acropolis -- with Lykavittos Hill in background


Monday, November 8th


Today didn't turn out exactly as I would have hoped - but good nonetheless. I ended up spending the better part of the day trip planning. It's good that I did - because getting around in this part of Europe is not necessarily easy.


I walked around Athens a little more. Going back and forth between travel agents, train stations, and bus stops. I'll be heading to northern Greece tomorrow. I didn't see everything I wanted on the southern portion - but this just gives me a reason to come back some day.


I would have liked to get to a couple additional islands, but schedules were a bit time consuming under my circumstances. Maybe I'll come back in the summertime in the future.


I booked my flight to Israel this evening. I'll be leaving from Bucharest, Romania on Friday morning (12th). This should be interesting.


Good night from Athens. I have the Monasteries of Meteora on the agenda come sunrise.

1 comment:

  1. visited Athens in spring 1987 with my family.. recognize some from your pictures. :) glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete