Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day #237 - Cairo to Athens, Greece

Folks get around any way possible

The Nile River

Different world


Saturday, November 6th


Today started really early in Cairo. I was up around 4am. I spent about 3 hours in the hotel lobby working on my computer before leaving for the airport. I had a scheduled 10:20am flight back to Athens. Greg left in the middle of the night to return to the states. I'm back to going it alone for the next 16 days before meeting up with my sister in Milan, Italy.


My flight to Athens was delayed by about 2 hours. I spent alot of time in the airport reading my book - "The girl with the dragon tatoo". Excellent book -- I'm about 3/4 complete - it's getting good.


On arrival into Athens, I took the 30 minute shuttle into the city centre. I got over to my hotel around 4pm. Time to exhale. I've been in 'stick-n-move' mode for a little while --- I need about 24 hours to do little of nothing.


Here's to recharging the batteries and coming back strong. I'm including some departing shots from the streets of Cairo.

No comments:

Post a Comment