Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Italy - Dolomites - Day #13

Tuesday, August 18th


Travel Day


Coming to you live aboard American Airlines Flight AA2235 - headed to Denver from Dallas, TX.  I’m on my last travel segment of the day.  Things have been smooth so far - hoping this continues until I get home this evening.  


Early start this morning with a 5am wake-up.   We headed out of our hotel at 5:30am and walked 15 minutes to the Belluno rail station.  Our 2-hr train to Venice left at 6:15am.  Maybe 10-minutes delayed - but the ride went great.   


Upon arrival into the Venice Mestre rail station - we grabbed a couple bus tickets to travel the 20-30 minutes to the Venice Marco Polo Airport. We arrived around 9am and I even had to wait about 15 minutes before I could go through security. 


Greg and I parted ways through security - as he is flying back to Raleigh, NC through Philadelphia.  I rested up at the gate and then boarded my 9-hr American flight to Dallas, TX. 


The flight went well - I stayed up hoping to make it to Denver before heading directly to bed tonight.  I watched a few movies and played some games to pass the time.  


I got into Dallas about 4:30pm local time.   Using my Global Entry - I made quick time through Customs and made my way to my final gate - departing to Denver at 6:30pm.  I just boarded my Dallas-Denver flight.   


7:30pm - just landed in Denver.   Nice to be back in the states.  Will take an Uber back to my place - and call it for this trip.   I have some ideas for future travel - but nothing definitively planned as of yet.  


Here’s to great times and great memories!!   

Stay tuned - make it count out there!

Top pics from the Trip!













No comments:

Post a Comment