Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Asian Sabbatical - Day #19 - Shanghai, China

Monday, July 18th

Shanghai Museum

4 levels of displays at the Shanghai Museum

My hotel room at the Radisson Blu Hotel

Big rooms at the Radisson Blu

Waiting in line at Pudong Airport in Shanghai


I met up with Wendy at 8:45am this morning to do one last tour.  We walked over to the Shanghai Museum - across from our hotel.

The Shanghai Museum is a famous art museum in Shanghai.  Exhibits included a ceramics area, old currency display, bronze statues, jade pieces, and bamboo carvings.  The museum had a whole variety of exhibits throughout the 4-floor layout.  We did a 2-hr walk through, then back to the hotel by 11am.

We grabbed our bags, did 1 last check of the rooms, and then took a taxi to the airport (175 yuan - $20).  Randy/Wendy had a 4pm international flight via United Airlines back to Chicago.  I was flying via Hong Kong Airlines - scheduled departure at 5pm for Hong Kong.

I write this blog aboard the plane - it's 7pm - still no departure.  2-hr delay.  I tell you - I'm not having much luck with air travel in China.  I'm 0 for 3 at this point. 

LATER ---- the flight took off around 7:30pm - around a 2hr, 30 minute delay.  I got into Hong Kong around 9:45pm.  I was able to efficiently get through the airport, onto an express shuttle to the city, than a free bus to my hotel -- the Luxe Manor.  I arrived around 11pm.

Goal for Tuesday -- transition day.  Get caught up on some stuff and refocus for the second part of my trip.

I really enjoyed my travel with Randy/Wendy.  Thank you guys for spending a couple weeks with me.  I had a lot of fun!  Looking back - we did a ton of stuff in our short time.  A great experience and something I will always remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment