Monday, October 22, 2012

New Zealand 2012 - Day #2

Sunday, October 21st

This is one of the more odd days one could ever encounter in their life --  as it really didn't happen for me.  I boarded my flight in LAX at 11:45pm on Saturday, October 20th and landed at 8:45am on Monday, October 22 in Auckland, New Zealand.

The time change is 20 hours ahead in Auckland versas LA.   This is quite likely the furthest ahead with time zone respect that I'll ever be in my life.

The flight itself was 13 hours.  It went OK -- I just didn't get much sleep (about 2 hours).  I was sitting in the aisle seat of a 3 seated row.  The couple that was sitting besides me were frequent visitors to the bathroom.  At least twice during the night, I was awoken by someone tappping me on the shoulder asking if I could let them out. 

I watched a couple movies, caught up on some reading, and made it through the 13 hours.  I'm writing this blog in a hotel room in Rotorura, New Zealand - about 9pm on Monday, October 22nd.  I really just wanted to check in to let everyone know we landed safe and are doing well.  I'm just extremely tired -- so I'll post the days events a little later.

All good here.  Learned why they call New Zealanders -- "Kiwis".  Will expand tomorrow.  Stay strong and good night from the southern hemisphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment