Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Africa 2015 - Day #1

Tuesday, June 16th

Today I left for a trip to South Africa.  Will be spending the next 1.5 weeks doing a safari, shark dive, and attempting to complete the 7th and final marathon on each continent.

The day started about 4:45am for me in Denver.  I went into work for about 3 hours this morning and then headed to the airport.  I flew out of Denver for Atlanta (11:40am mst) where I met up with my buddies Greg & Liam.  All 3 of us are going for the final marathoned continent.

Everything went really smoothly today.  We all got into Atlanta about the same time (4:45 pm est) with flights arriving from Denver, Seattle, & Raleigh respectively.

We grabbed some dinner at the TGI Fridays right by our gate.  We flew out of Atlanta - headed for Johannesburg, South Africa departing at 7:19pm est.  The day ended aboard a 15-hr Delta flight - somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean.



No comments:

Post a Comment