Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tuesday, July 8th

Abigail's Graduation Trip - Day #12

We had a really great last day in London, today. Madeline and I started it off right - we didn't wake up until about 11am. We ate some lunch at the flat and headed out to do some souvenir shopping for our friends and family. We first stayed in Hammersmith, the city where our flat is located. Then, we took the train to Piccadilly Circus once more to see what this area had to offer. After getting some good things, we came back around 4pm with just enough time to get ready for tonight - dinner and Matilda (the musical) at the Cambridge Theater.

One item on our list of "must do's" in London was to go to a traditional English pub. We read about one that got really great reviews and was also located in the Theater District, close to the Cambridge. We set out for Two Brewers, which proved to be exactly what we thought it would be. The restaurant was small, decorated like a pub that had been there for years, and full of men drinking beer after work and a few families also there for some pre-show food. We all ordered typical pub fare for the most part - fish and chips, steak and ale pie, English roast beef with Yorkshire pudding. It was awesome - some of the best food we've had all trip. We finished it off with their homemade apple pie and ice cream and took a few pics outside. The theater was a really short walk away, so we got our tickets and headed in.

Matilda was absolutely amazing. We all agreed it was one of the best, if not the best, performance we had ever seen. We had awesome seats, first row of the first balcony. The orchestra was amazing. The actors/actresses were outstanding. The visual effects/music were fantastic. We were completely entertained for 2 1/2 hours. We came out of the theater to some rain, so quickly walked to the tube station and headed back to our flat. We were just in time to see the end of the Brazil/Germany game and spent the rest of the night packing up our things before our early departure tomorrow morning.

A quick wrap-up of the trip. We've now been gone for 12 days, the longest trip our family has ever taken. Looking back, I feel like we spent the perfect amount of time in both Paris and London - I truly feel like I saw the best of what each city has to offer. Both cities completely exceeded my expectations, and I absolutely loved every minute I've been in Europe. I would never have had this opportunity without the help and guidance of my Uncle Kyle.  The times we've had on this trip with you and my family have been so, so much fun and memorable, and I can't thank you enough for doing this for me. To the best world traveler I know - I can't wait to see more of the word and thanks to you for opening my eyes to this!!

 Piccadilly Circus

 The Two Brewers - dinner spot before the theater

 Typical English Pub
 Girls at Matilda - Cambridge Theater
Goodbye, London!

No comments:

Post a Comment