Sunday, June 29, 2014

Saturday, June 28

Abigail's Graduation Trip - Day #2

I (Kyle) awoke in MSP after a solid night's sleep.  Kay and I hit the Saturday morning farmer's market and took in a Brazil vs. Chile World Cup game at Brit's Pub in downtown Minneapolis.  Kay drove me to the airport around 2:30pm.  My flight for Paris was set to leave around 5:15pm.  Made the flight today.  It was delayed 1 hr on the tarmac due to lighting.  Saturday ended for me aboard a Delta Flight headed for Charles DeGaulle airport in Paris - set to arrive at 8:35am local time on Sunday.

Abigail here. The Ohlms arrived by plane at 9am Paris time. Once we finally got off the plane, we headed to customs to get our passports stamped. Funny story -- I was trying to decide whether or not to speak a few French words when conversing with the customs officer. I decided to stick with English. After a quick "hello" exchange, he handed me my passport. Quickly, I replied, "gracias." OMG I accidently spoke Spanish!

Anyway, back to the story. We got our luggage and took a taxi to our building - a kind of sketchy door on St. Sebastion street in the 11th arrondissement. We were so surprised and excited to see a cool courtyard which led to our apartment. It was neat and a good size where we could all spread out. A little jetlagged, we decided to do what everyone told us not to - take a long nap. We had to. We were so exausted. We woke up refreshed and ready for dinner. We took a short walk to Blend, a restaurant which specialized in hamburgers and french fries. The language barrier was a little difficult, and the waiter thought we ordered our hamburgers rare. The french fries were good and we moved on.

We stopped at the market and got some food to hold us over in the apartment. We were still tired so headed off to bed. Good day, but we were excited to see the real Paris sites tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment