Monday, March 7, 2011

Antarctica - Day #16

Kurt
Liam

Kyle


Greg


Monday, March 7th

I'm currently sitting on my buddy Greg's couch in Raleigh, NC at 2:30pm on Monday, March 7th. No issues with my 10 hour, 30 minute flight from Buenos Aires to Washington Dulles. I got in around 6:30am local time.


I spent about an hour getting my checked bag and going through customs. I then got some US cash from the ATM and called home to check in. I boarded my final plane at 8:30am headed to Raleigh, NC. I got into Raleigh around 9:45am and took a taxi to Greg's place - where I'll be staying for a couple weeks.

Uneventful last day of the trip --- but that's a good thing. I'm now going to go back and add some photos to the blogs throughout the trip.

This trip was truly a once and a lifetime experience. Truly. Because of the cost and logistics, I would not entertain the notion of going again. With that said, I would absolutely recommend the trip to anyone. It was incredible, scenic, challenging, rewarding, and alot of fun all at the same time. Perhaps my descriptions of choppy seas, tough marathon conditions, and anxiety of the unknown would make one ask the question: "Why would you go there?" You know what -- I'm getting ready to post a bunch of pictures and do a little video that will clearly answer that question. My words don't mean much - the pictures should tell the story.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear everyone made it back fine with great memories forever! Looking forward to seeing all the pics.
    What a way to end the "gap year". Now, the next adventure starts with a new career and new state to explore as home base. Happiness and paying it forward...always :)

    ReplyDelete